E159 | Meet Weightlifting Coach Leo Totten
Coach Joe sit down with long time strength and conditioning coach Leo Totten to talk coaching. Coach Totten has been involved in coaching athletes at the team, individual, and in strength and conditioning for going on 30 years. His Weightlifting Team, East Coast Gold, has also been one of the top performing groups for the last 20 years.
During this interview the two coaches spend much of their time discussing the personal qualities that make for a good coach.
For more on Leo visit Totten Training and East Coast Gold.
- Leo Totten, MS, CAA
- Recognized as one of the 65 most influential Strength Coaches of all time – kickbacklife.com
- Senior International Coach for USA Weightlifting (Level 5)
- Head Coach, East Coast Gold Weightlifting Team
- 8 time National Men’s Team
- 6 time National Women’s Team Champions
- President, WerkSan Barbells, 2005-2012
- Over 20 years as Olympic weightlifting coach
- Over 20 years as clinician for USA Weightlifting
- Over 20 years training High School / College elite athletes
- Over 30 years in Physical Education and Athletic Administration
- Two Olympic Teams
- Three Pan Am Teams
- Five World Championship Teams
- USA Weightlifting Coaching Excellence Award, 2005