On Episode 152 of the Doc and Jock Podcast we sit down with Mikki & Jeff Martin to talk about training kids. If you aren’t familiar with the Martin’s they are the creators of the CrossFit Kids course, and are currently running their own training program called the Brand X Method.
On this episode of the podcast we talk about a ton of stuff, but the major topics include
- Why the Martin’s got into training kiddos
- Why training kids has gotten harder in the last few years
- How the Martin’s are using the Brand X Method to fight childhood obesity and imobility
- Why kids shouldn’t use fitness for exercise
- The best way to get your kids a base of strength & conditioning
- The lessons the Martin’s have learned in the past 13 years of developing kids programs like Brand X and CF Kids
- How the Martin’s are partnering with Kelly Starrett and Stand Up Kids
Find out more about The Brand X Method and the Martin’s here:
Web Site: thebrandxmethod.com
Where to find us
Athletes’ Potential – Where Movement is Medicine! http://www.athletespotential.com/
Dr. Danny offers an assortment of services. If you are in the Atlanta area be sure to look him up. If you are not in Atlanta please be sure to shoot him an email or follow him on the social sites listed below.
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/athletespotential?fref=ts
Joe’s Barbell – where lifting at JOE’S is just a click away. http://joesbarbell.com/
Coach Joe offers a variety of live and online training options including a private facebook group titled #HeelsOff where you can get his honest and FREE opinion on your movement and unfiltered take on Weightlifing. Join the conversation at any of the links below.
Webpage Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/905586666194729/
#HeelsOff facebook forum https://www.facebook.com/joesbarbell?fref=ts
Johnny B – The Rad Company http://theradcompany.com
@johnny_barbell on IG
@crossfitdecaturcfd on IG